EA Is Kinder, But Not Gentler: Thrill Kill Edition


(Video from Thrill Kill. Don't watch if you are easily offended.)

Mr. Riccitiello is making it clear that he is not afraid of M rated games. In his recent Gamespot interview addressing the takeover offer made to Take Two, he pointed out that he was the one who greenlit The Godfather, EA's first M rated game since Undying and American McGee's Alice, as well as Def Jam, and is a big fan of M rated titles like Bioshock and GTA. However, when doing his pandering, he may want to do a bit more research before speaking. In response to a question about the infamous Thrill Kill which was in development during EA's acquisition of Virgin, he said:

"I never saw Thrill Kill, and I applaud you for digging up that little piece of history. I'm not sure if I would have liked it or not. I'm guessing I might have liked it, but I have no idea."

Thrill Kill was originally cancelled by EA during Riccitiello 1.0 with a press release stating EA didn't want to publish a "senselessly violent game." I wonder whether it is the amputee fights, or the great finishing moves like "Bitch Slap", "Swallow This", and "Head Muncher" that would make John like it.

Looking at potential reactive acquisitions that might be consistent with EA's brand, I would think the home of Clancy, Brothers in Arms and Raving Rabids may come up before the home of GTA, Manhunt and a line of redundant sports games.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Media is Reporting the Game Industry is Over: Why are They Such Babies Edition

The Game Business Is A Year From Irrelevance:Where are Our Easy Riders and Raging Bulls Edition

Game Marketing: The Proctologists are Doing Brain Surgery Edition