Apple's Unlisted Number: WTF Edition



I sent my computer in for repairs and as I was driving by I wanted to call the Apple Store to see if I could come by and pick it up. They have this whole triage thing going on with the Genius Bar and I didn't know if I had jump through another set of hoops. Unfortunately, I did not have the store's number with me. I called information FROM MY iPHONE, the one EXCLUSIVELY on the AT&T network and the conversation went something like this:

City and state please.

Santa Monica, the Apple Store.

I am sorry we have no listing.

It's the Apple Store on Third Street Promenade.

I heard you sir, I am sorry, I have no listing, I have an Apple Computer executive training in Santa Monica California,

No, I just want the Apple Store.

Transferring to a supervisor

May I help you?

Yes I would like the listing of the Apple Store at the Third Street Promenade.

Checking . . . I am sorry sir, there is no listing.

How could it not be listed?

We are a paid information service. Only paying companies are listed.

thank you.


Yes really, and no, I don't get it either.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Media is Reporting the Game Industry is Over: Why are They Such Babies Edition

The Game Business Is A Year From Irrelevance:Where are Our Easy Riders and Raging Bulls Edition

Game Marketing: The Proctologists are Doing Brain Surgery Edition